Alright fam, as you probably noticed, I’ve decided to take a more creative direction with my life and I’ve been posting more and more about my different make up looks. I don’t wanna talk about how long my first YouTube video was… Sorry about that. The next one will be 100x better and a lot shorter! But super thanks to everyone who watched and endured that. It’s been a long time since I’ve found something that I like this much and it lets me express myself completely! So thank you for the support!
I get a lot of questions about the products that I use every day. I definitely have my staple items. So here is a list of my top 10 products and why I like them!
Also, my holiday video will be up on Thursday! So stay tuned!!
- FOUNDATION: Estee Lauder Double Wear – This foundation is so great. It pretty full coverage, yet it blends beautifully. You don’t look cakey when you wear it! It’s $42, so definitely not drugstore pricing but it’s so worth it. It also lasts quite a while as well, so overall, it’s a great buy. I get it at Ulta! I also think it works best when applied with a damp beauty blender instead of a brush.
- CONCEALER: Tarte Shape Tape – Okay, we all know how amazing this is. And if you don’t, go find out! This is a thick and full coverage and fabulous. This concealer is at Ulta for $27 dollars. My one complaint: this concealer is pretty drying. I have sensitive skin and sometimes, it doesn’t treat me too well. But I still love love love this concealer.
- PRIMER: NYX Pore Filler – I have huge pores lol. When I first started experimenting with makeup, primer confused the heck out of me. I tried the Benefit Porefessional primer and wasn’t impressed. I tried color correcting primer and that didn’t work. But the Pore Filler by NYX came to the rescue. Best part about it? It’s now at Walmart as well as Ulta. I buy the mini for two reasons: it’s cheaper and it lasts forever. The big one is only $13.99, so basically I spend close to nothing for primer buying the mini. The formula is light and beautiful. 11/10 recommend.
- Mascara: Maybelline Colossal Big Shot – I have used this mascara for the last 3 years. It’s the best drugstore mascara I’ve used. It gives me a TON of volume and doesn’t clump my lashes. The brush is my favorite shape/style and I wear the color “Blackest Black”. I don’t use the waterproof though because that crap doesn’t come off. So you just have to remember to cry after you are home and have taken your makeup off!!
- Lipstick: NYX Liquid Suede – I own at least 12 of these. These colors are pretty, vibrant and matte to the max. It doesn’t dry out my lips, which is HUGE. My one complaint: it doesn’t last 24 hours. Once again, this is in Walmart and Ulta! I love me some drug store pricing. These lipsticks are only $6.99. What a beautiful thing. I haven’t been able to find a long lasting lipstick that doesn’t dry out my lips. So if you have suggestions, please send them my way. But until then, I will be hanging out with my #1 over here. NYX!
- Last, but not least: Contour: NYX Powder Contour Palette. I occasionally use a crème contour, but I love powder contour. This palette has a few shades, include some lighter colors you can use for highlighting (I haven’t tried those). This palette is $24.99 at Ulta! I only use two colors out of it, so it lasted me about 6 months.
I really hope this helped at least a little bit! I would love to hear your thoughts down below in the comments! Love you all!