We all feel it. We all know it. Monday’s are hard. They are intimidating. How often do you start your weekly planning on Sunday, feeling prepared, and then wake up Monday morning feeling a little less motivated? THIS IS ME EVERY MONDAY. So how do we combat the Monday blues? Here are a few things i’m trying this week:
- I planned a yummy breakfast. This might seem mediocre, but for a girl who adores food, it definitely pushed me a little bit this morning. I had a mango, some strawberry Chobani yogurt, and two egg whites! The breakfast gave me something to look forward to. I’ll be planning at least the rest of my breakfast’s this week to make sure I keep waking up on time!
- I set my alarm tone to a Justin Bieber song hahah. I won’t tell you what song, so you can refrain from judging me. This was to get rid of those annoying alarm sounds that I absolutely dread. And it worked. I still struggle to get up in the mornings (I love my sleep) but this helped me make progress. I liked the sound I was waking up to. Try to set your alarm to something fun and upbeat. Don’t take it from me. Try it for yourself.
- Going to bed early. I SUCK at this. Not just struggle, I am awful at it. Working in a restaurant, the hours are hard. The earliest shift ends at 8:00 P.M. I know, plenty of time to get to bed right? Wrong. I typically grocery shop, watch Netflix, or try to go out with friends. These aren’t bad things at all. It’s just when I could do most things before work, I don’t. I’m a night owl, so I’m trying to make an effort to go to bed on time and wake up earlier to make the most of my day.
- Live your best life. Making plans to have an awesome week is something to look forward to. Yes, plan out what you have to do this week but also make some plans of what you want to do. Do something new or spontaneous this week. Try something different. You can’t build new habits by doing the same mundane things every day.
- Remember you have people rooting for you. You are not alone in this venture. We are not alone! Keep positive, motivating people in your life. And I know I sound cliche, but don’t give up. Keep working on building those healthy habits. It’ll be hard, it’ll take time, but it’ll be so worth it.
What gives you motivation? What helps you have an awesome week? What pushes you to be a better you? I wanna know!